Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A little more every day

It has been a little over a month since we moved. A month of a bit of crazy and a lot of change! And while I hope to never move again, I know that probably isn't very likely. At least next time I won't have 3 little kids around right? At least I hope not.

We have unpacked and settled for the most part. Dan is feeling more and more comfortable in our house with every little project that gets done. He is more confident that this house is now winter ready to his desires! I have hung some pictures, but some are still laying on the shelf. I suspect they will stay there for quite some time. I am learning new tricks to keep this house clean(ish) every day. I've gotta say that I am impressed with how the tile stays mostly clean! Or at least gives off the impression of cleanliness! The laminate a little less so, but oh well. Eventually we will have carpet. In a few years anyway.

Maddison has started school. And she loves it! She actually kicked me out on that first day! Dan had met us at the school so we could do a family drop off. And so after we had gotten her to her class and settled her in Dan had to go back to work. And about 2 minutes after he had to leave, she looked at me and went "when are you leaving mom?" I must say that it made leaving a lot easier! She has made friends with all of the girls, but being as there is only 5 girls, that wasn't very hard. She is thriving and it is good. I am so glad we made the school choice we did and, as weird as it is to say this, I am glad that God moved us here when He did too. I have already seen a few glimpses as to why we are here and I am excited to be here!

Is it weird that I am already thinking about our Christmas letter? This year has been a year of change. It seems like every year I can say that. But this year has probably, by far, been the biggest changes. So while I hope to write here again before Christmas, just be forewarned that I have put a lot of thought into our Christmas letter!!!!!

2 comments:

mom and dad said...

I enjoy reading you blog, Heather. Since you were very small you had a special talent of communication. I'll tell you of a short hike you and I took when you were very young. All of us were camping, including your grandpa Derksen, at the Pembina Camp ground. Enjoy your new house, you and Dan will have it a comfy home real soon I'm sure.

I don't know how to change the "mom and dad" thingy at the bottom. I'm still uncle Hugh

Unknown said...

Thank you Uncle Hugh! I would love to hear that story.