Wednesday, December 16, 2015

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas?

It's amazing what routine does for making it feel like Christmas. And this year routine has been thrown out the window. It's Christmas in a new house. It's different. And I have struggled the last few weeks to get that "Christmas feeling".  I decorated a few weeks ago. Our tree has been up for a couple weeks. Music and movies have been playing. But nothing. Only in the last couple days have I felt like I am kind of getting into the Christmas spirit.

Maybe it was the lack of snow, and now that we had a couple days of frost covering everything it feels more like Christmas. But I really think a lot of it is that we are in a new house. Routine is super important, especially when it comes to Christmas apparently! Decorating a new house just feels different. The decorations don't go in the same spots so it looks different. The town is new so there is different things they do for Christmas, and things they don't do that we really enjoyed in Sexsmith. It makes it feel different. I don't exactly know what made it change the last couple days, but it feels different, like something just clicked. It just feels like Christmas all of the sudden. But I am thankful that it did. Because I have enjoyed these last couple days. I've loved the time with my kids. And I know that future Christmas's here will start to feel routine. It's just a matter of time.

No comments: