Monday, August 20, 2012

My Personal 60 Day challenge

So lately I've been challenged.  Not by any other person really, but by circumstances in my life.  I won't get into the details because in this situation they don't matter.  But because of some things that have occured I've been challenged, by myself, to pray specifically for someone for 60 days.  It's actually a couple people that I am praying for (my husband and daughters!) but I've really been feeling God leading me to pray for them.  And as a wife and mother, I think that's a good thing!

So here's the deal.  Because I am a wife and mother and my youngest doesn't always allow me the time after Dan leaves for work and before she wakes up, I have to make time.  And that means waking up earlier then normal.  So for the next 60 days I will be waking up at 6 to pray for Dan & the girls.  For those of you who know me personally, that's kind of crazy.  I am not a morning person.  I don't do mornings.  But the Lord has impressed on me the importance of this, so 6 it is. 

Another twist to the story is that I don't have an alarm that I can set.  I don't want to wake Dan up at that time so I am trusting the Lord to be my alarm clock.  Think this is even more crazy?  Well it is.  However this morning was day #1.  Last night before I went to bed I prayed and specifically asked the Lord to wake me up at 6.  This morning I woke up, looked at the clock and it was 6.  Not 5:59, not 6:01, but 6:00 exactly.  So we are off to a good start! 

Hopefully I'll be able to keep you updated as to how things are going, and as much as I am not a morning person, I am actually really hoping this becomes a habit for me that I can continue because prayer and quiet time with the Lord is something I really need on a daily basis, so here's to a change in my life that brings about a change in other's lives too.

1 comment:

Marcy Payne said...

Very cool that you woke up at 6 sharp! God is like that, right?