Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kids and God

So Dan likes to say that God gives us kids so we understand where He is coming from.  I tend to agree.  We are working on a bunch of stuff with Maddison right now - seeing as she is 2 that's kind of normal - and one of them is not screaming or reacting in anger.  So today a situation arose and she threw her baby stroller down the stairs and starting screaming.  So into the time-out chair she went, all the while screaming.  I put 10 minutes on the stove timer and waited.  After about 5 minutes she had calmed down enough for me to go over there and talk with her.  And so goes my talk:

Me: Maddison mommy loves you so much and I don't like putting you in time-out, but screaming and throwing things in anger are not appropriate responses to me saying no.

And on goes the light bulb in my head.  "Hello Heather.  Isn't that what you do if God says no?  Don't you scream and get angry with God if things don't go your way?"

And so continue the lessons learned whilst parenting.....

No comments: