Friday, August 30, 2013

Stained Glass Masquerade

Picture Source
Some of you may recognize this title.  I haven't used it before but it's more then appropriate for how I am feeling today.  Today is one of those days when no matter what my kids do, it's not right, but they are doing nothing wrong.  In other words, today is a day when I need to be put in time out.  But how do I, as the mom, do that?  I still need to be the parent.  I still need to make sure that they don't kill each other or constantly fight over who gets what balloon.  But today I am emotionally spent.  It's been a long summer with renovations and pregnancy stuff and just life.  Today my emotions just seem to be broken.  God has been working in my life in huge ways, yet it seems sometimes like nothing has changed.  I'm tired and life seems to never stop.

Yet in the midst of that, my girls wanted to make zucchini bread, and because I had about 7 zucchini to shred and freeze, I figured that would be a good way to spend the morning.  So I pressed play on the CD player and went to make zucchini bread.  Dan had put Casting Crowns into the player a couple of days ago and so that's what played.  And every song had something for me.  We got the bread made and the girls left to play.  And while I was cleaning up, I just cried.  Listening to the actual words of the songs and just letting God do His thing. 

"How refreshing to know You don't need me
How amazing to find that you want me" - In Me

"And I've held out as long as I can
Now I'm letting go and holding out my hand" - Prodigal

"And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm" - Praise You In This Storm

"Under the shadow of our steeple
With all the lost and lonely people" - Does Anybody Hear Her

"Just love her like Jesus, carry her to Him
His yoke is easy, His burden is light
You don't need the answers to all of life's questions
Just know that He loves her and stay by her side" - Love Them Like Jesus

"Lord, the worship we bring
Is more than songs that we sing
It's a reflection of our ever-changing lives
The best we have to offer" - Father, Spirit, Jesus

"Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain" - Stained Glass Masquerade

"I want to sign Your name
To the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You" - Lifesong



No comments: